JOIN THE EDBS TEAM
JOB OPPORTUNITY: BUSINESS START-UP ADVISER
£25,000 FTE pa
Part Time (1-2 days per week)
Peterlee and Seaham
2nd April 2017
East Durham Business Service is an established Enterprise Agency that offers a range of business support and property services. Key to this is its start up support service.
EDBS currently has a vacancy for a Part Time (1-2 days per week) Business Start Up Adviser.
This post will be part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
The successful candidate will:
- Provide practical advice to individuals looking to start a business
- Help individuals to strengthen their ideas through their experience, ideas and enthusiasm
- Motivate individuals and help them overcome barriers to starting a business
- Help individuals produce comprehensive and viable business and financial plans
They will also have:
- A track record of providing business advice
- Sound knowledge and experience of business planning and financial forecasting
- A comprehensive understanding of the practicalities of running a small business
Overview: To provide pre-start support and advice to clients as part of the ERDF Business Support Programme
Funding: This post involves delivery on Enterprise Support in the North East which is part funded by ERDF.
- To carry out Ideas Evaluations and to determine a plan of action for each client
- To become familiar with and maintain knowledge of currently available sources of funding and other assistance within East Durham.
- To produce financial forecasts working from client data, advising on viability as appropriate.
- To maintain client files in accordance with standards set for audit and contractual requirements.
- To carry out reviews (post start-up) in accordance with contracts.
- To liaise with partner organisations in the business advice and support network for clients potentially eligible for financial assistance.
- To develop monitoring procedures for pre-start up clients to improve conversion rate.
- To make recommendations to develop and improve service to clients wherever possible.
- To manage the EDBS membership of Customer First UK ensuring that the accreditation is up to date and that EDBS is fully compliant with all aspects
- Business Development – Work as part of the EDBS team to promote both Novus Peterlee and Seaham
- Attend networking events; develop strategic partnerships and networks throughout the area to facilitate future development of EDBS
- Provide enterprise training through a series of workshops to be developed as part of the start up programme
- To carry out any other tasks allocated from time to time by the Business Service