JOIN THE EDBS TEAM
APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITY: RECEPTION & ADMIN APPRENTICE
Depending on age
Peterlee and Seaham
31st August 2017
Assist in a busy environment to provide reception and general administrative support to contribute to the smooth running of the Business Service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive visitors, establish type of enquiry and inform the relevant person.
- Receive incoming telephone calls record and pass on messages via e-mail.
- Operate and maintain diaries, room bookings, arrange internal/external meetings and appointments using electronic diary, Microsoft Outlook , working with minimal supervision and ensuring that all client appointments are input into the relevant staff members diary.
- Set up/clear rooms for meetings with crockery, cutlery, coffee/tea and arrange catering if necessary. Monitor stock of refreshment supplies and order replenishments when required to ensure items are always available.
- Filing of room booking forms for invoicing.
- Sort and date stamp all incoming post, distributing EDBS post to relevant personnel and all tenants incoming post to be put into their individual post boxes.
- Weigh, frank and record all outgoing post, monitoring postal credits and request top up as required.
- Report office equipment malfunctions and organise repair/maintenance as necessary. Report any building related maintenance issues to the Business Centre Co-ordinator as appropriate.
- Photocopy/scan documents as required.
- Monitor kitchen/cleaning consumables and request replenishments when required.
- Monitor stationery stock levels for both EDBS and meeting rooms and request replenishments when required to ensure items are always available.
- Provide general administrative support to the Business Service, including making up information packs and general typing as requested by management and staff.
- Daily filing, uploading to SharePoint and maintainence of all client files and archiving in accordance with agreed procedure, keeping an up to date filing index.
- Provide reception cover for Novus Seaham as required to cover holidays and to allow Centre Co-Ordinator to carry out necessary work in the Peterlee Office.
- Responsible for ensuring that all meeting rooms are unlocked at the start of the day and that the “night service” on the phone system is disabled.
- Responsible for ensuring that all meeting rooms are locked at the end of the day, that all centre windows are closed and that all EDBS offices and rooms are locked and alarmed.
- Undertake other duties to contribute to the smooth running of the Business Service that fall within the broad remit of the post, as directed by the Office Manager.
- Liaise with Office Manager prior to any holiday being taken to ensure that all duties are handed over and any relevant information passed on to ensure continued effective running of the business service.